After we looked around in all the empty rooms, which we would soon fill with our life, we sat down in the middle of the living room with a couple glasses of champagne and just took it all in. It feels so strange. I wasn't expecting it to feel different b/c it's a condo that, in all realities, is the same thing that we live in now - a 2 story, multi-bedroom, 1000+ sq foot place with a patio, 2 car attached garage, and washer dryer hook-ups. But this is so much more than that simply because it's ours. It does feel different - rewarding, exciting, new. Filled with promise. If we don't like something - we can change it. If we picked the wrong colors of paint (which we picked up before we went over to the house) we can't paint over it. If we want to tear down a wall (which is always a possibility in the small master bathroom) we can. That's just crazy. It really is an indescribable feeling - you may know what I'm talking about - many of our friends and family already own a home. But at that moment I was at a loss for words (I know, you're thinking "how can that be...and will it ever happen again?" Amazing right.)
So, now, instead of dreading actually packing and moving everything - we are looking forward to it - anxious to get into our new place and start anew. Wish us luck!
Now, if you couldn't see the pictures very well before you can click on the picture below and it'll take you to the online album.
![]() |
| Our first night in the new condo |

ballas and shot callas...congrats on the condo...I guess Rita will be joining ya'll soon and I'll make my way there sometime! tootles!
ReplyDelete