Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Eric

I thought I'd take a little break from talking all about Kayla and focus instead on Eric for a minute and his transition into daddy-hood. :) He has absolutely been incredible. How? Well, for one, he is now smoke free for 10 days! I think he's over the hard part. He's taking Chantix to help him and will be on that for 3 months - then he will have officially quit smoking. I am so proud of him for that and so glad that he finally had a good enough reason to quit. It's probably not the most stress free time to do it, what with a new baby and a new job, but heck - 3 stressors can't be much worse than 2 of them. :-)


He's also been really good about cooking. If you know anything about us you know we eat ate out A LOT - most meals. It's just hard when you don't get home until after 6pm - you really don't want to start dinner then - you're HUNGRY! Anyway, since the grandma's left, he has cooked dinner most nights. And I mean actually following recipes and everything. Not every night - some nights are mac and cheese nights (though I must admit that's more often when I cook dinner) - but most nights. I'm not entirely sure how long that will last but so far so good.


And, while he doesn't help with Kayla at 3am (Lord knows that man can sleep through anything) he does play with her and take care of her when he gets home from work. He comes in and heads straight for her to kiss her and tell her hello and that he missed her during the day. She doesn't know what he's saying but she knows he loves her. He's also in charge of bathing her - every other night. That's their bonding time. And they both handle it so well! He's still getting the hang of dressing her - especially when she's fussy and squirmy - those damn snaps. :-) Anyway, you can tell that he's completely in love with her - she will definitely have him wrapped around her little finger in the coming years.


Finally, even though we agreed that she would not share the bed with us, that 3 or 5am feeding is just too much and I just nurse her in bed and let her fall asleep with us - but it's so cool because then we wake up all together. We lay there for a few minutes as a happy little family, smiling at our beautiful baby girl. The "family bed" won't last too much longer - we don't want her getting used to it - but for now, for a couple hours, it's okay.


Okay, well, he'll be home in a few minutes so I should probably try to get the living room a little picked up - it's the least I can do especially since Kayla is currently asleep.

1 comment:

  1. Jonathan has been pretty good about doing a lot of the cooking since our moms left too. Just this week I have fixed a couple of meals but then he cleaned up the kitchen afterwards. That is great that Eric is quitting smoking....maybe he could influence Jonathan to quit dipping. I loved your little sleeping Kayla video.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! I love to hear what you guys think of the post/activity!!!