Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sleep tight, little one

Soooooo.... I wrote this blog on Saturday night, hoping to post it on Monday evening and say "today marks the 10th night, IN A ROW, that Kayla has SLEPT THRU THE NIGHT!" However, just because I wrote that she woke up last night at 1:30 in the morning... so we made it 8 nights in a row. However, for 3 nights in a row (including Saturday morning) she woke up at 5:15 in the morning! Now, during the week this isn't so bad. Course, I have sneak in there, crouched down, on tip toes (which is kind of hard to do) and gently put some toys in her crib so that she finds them and entertains herself. It's quite the site really. She can also entertain herself with her "mobile" b/c it has buttons she can push that can make lights and sounds come on. I don't know if she's gotten the effect yet but she's certainly tried. Anyway, after I get out of the shower I can go pick her up and she chills on the bed while I get ready. Sometimes I wake Eric up and he gets to enjoy her for a few minutes as well. She wakes up so happy about 95% of the time so this morning time is really great. I just wish it didn't come at 5:15 AM!


Waking up that early on the weekend absolutely sucks, but on the plus side I got a nap at 7am Saturday morning! Sunday morning I took the opportunity to take her for a walk before it got too warm. And she took a nap for part of that time (which meant I didn't get my nap, but since I got up and moving I didn't really need one).


We are also working on her not crying when she goes to bed. So far we've gotten her to cry less and less but she still cries for a couple minutes. Now that we've gotten that pretty much under control I'm working on naps, but I have less control over those b/c she takes most of her naps at daycare. But, I do what I can at home and eventually she will know that it's not bad to go to sleep.


So, we continue on our journey into dreamland... wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. I am picturing you sneaking into her room and dropping toys in to her crib...that's pretty funny...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! I love to hear what you guys think of the post/activity!!!