Howdy!
Last week I turned 8 months old and since mom never got around to writing my monthly update I thought I would give it a shot! Let's see... my 8th month was so busy... let me see if I can remember everything.
I think it's funny when I, or someone else, sneezes. Achoo!
I like to flap my hands sometimes still.
I love to pull myself up on anything - legs, the dishwasher, the couch, the cradle stand, the cabinet - it's all good.
I'm tired of having a runny nose!
I DO NOT like being changed. These people need to figure how to move quicker at changing times.
I have gotten a taste for some stage 2 foods. I like them but I eat them real slow - savoring the taste. Mostly I like those puffs - I can pick those up myself instead of having mommy feed me all the time.
When I sit down after I crawled somewhere, I usually end up wedged up against something. Why don't things move when I sit on them???
I have successfully taken all my diapers out of the drawer - don't quite know how to put them back in yet. And diapers aren't the only thing - I like to take kleenex out of the box, books off the shelf, toys out of their bins - it's really fun!
I really like to grab and chew everything on my changing table - so mommy moved off most of the stuff. But there's still some things up there that I can attack.
I also like to look over the end of the changing table. It's pretty cool because when I move back, and then look again, the trash can is still there! Fascinating!
I love love love to bounce - on my legs, my knees, in the bouncer, on the floor, against a leg - just gotta keep moving!
I have 4 teeth and weigh 20 lbs. Mommy tried on a bazillion pairs of jeans on me, had to go up to 18 month ones just to get some that would fit around my big ole belly. Should I diet? I don't think so - that's a 4 letter word according to mommy and that doesn't sound good!
I really like to grab at daddy's baseball hat. Boy am I big fan of those things.
I really like peek-a-boo and I can do it myself too... if mommy or daddy puts a blanket in front of my face, I move it back and forth to play... or I poke my head around the wall to see if they are there. Hilarious!
I am so good at crawling and standing and climbing - I really like climbing - on and over everything. I think I stood for a second or two tonight during my photo shoot but I quickly sat down because I got nervous. Maybe I'll try it again some day.
I stare at people or cars or bikes or anything that passes by me and doesn't stop to say hello. Because, HELLO, I'm adorable and everyone should stop and tell me how cute I am!
I am having such a good time learning all kinds of new things. I'm 8 months old and mommy tells me all the time that I'm a genius child... and I believe her!
Whew... it took me a long time to remember all that. I forget about all the things I can do sometimes... I just do them. Maybe next month mommy will be better about my monthly update - surely she has a better memory. I'm off to explore...
Kayla
p.s. I remembered a couple more - I am also very flexible - I bend myself in half and lay over my legs when I get mad about something. And my socks are my new favorite toys - I like to pull them off and chew on them! Oh yea, and I think it's just hilarious when mommy puts the towel under her chin when she's about to get me out of the bath. She makes a funny face and I laugh every time!
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave comments! I love to hear what you guys think of the post/activity!!!