Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Milestones

We keep track of the first time babies smile, the first time they grab their toys, the first time they give you kisses... their first steps, their first giggles... their all important milestones.  So, what constitutes a milestone?  Does the first time she danced count?  How about the first time she turned pages in a book?  What about when she opened her drawers of her cradle stand?  What do you think - do I write down today as the first day she fell down and split her lip?  Okay - collective awwwww.  Done?  Explanation?  She was walking in a game room, fell down, and face met step (you know, some of those games that had a step to get up to it).  I didn't even realize she was bleeding at first, she falls all the time.  I mean I grabbed her, held her and comforted her till she calmed down - all usual stuff, but because she was up on my shoulder I didn't see that her lip was bleeding.  She must have knocked her teeth on her lip.  But she's a strong girl - cried for a few minutes, and then began to eat the wet napkin I was cleaning her up with and laughing as she did it.  She still kissed me goodnight so it couldn't have hurt that much.  We'll see how it looks in the morning. 

Poor girl!  The first of many incidents I'm sure!

1 comment:

Please leave comments! I love to hear what you guys think of the post/activity!!!