Hey folks! We went to a carnival last Saturday but mommy's kept me so busy I haven't been able to write about it until now. It was so much fun, even though I didn't get to take much of a nap before going. Mommy and daddy tried but I knew we were gonna have fun so I woke up early.
I had so much fun watching the rides while daddy got his vitals measured (AARP was there doing free screenings so he got checked out. He's in perfect health! Yay!).
They let me run around, outside the stroller... sometimes I make sure they get their exercise by running away. Today I decided it was more important than eating - they kept trying to feed me but I just kept saying no and running around. I don't need no stinking food.
I had a lot of fun with the animals there too. We watched doggies jump in the pool and got to pet real live farm animals. You know how much I love farm animals so I was in heaven! I pet the goats and the pig and the deer. The deer tried to eat mommy's shirt, then he tried to eat mine but mommy saved me. They must like cotton. I had so much fun I didn't want to leave my new friends.
But I made a new friend. Mommy took me on my first carousel ride! I got to ride on a lion and go "roar"! That sucker sure did more quickly! But I wasn't scared of it like I was the little one at my birthday party. Mommy was so proud of me for riding so well. Next time I think I'd like to ride on one that goes up and down - I stared at the horsey going up and down the whole time. It looked like way more fun than my silly lion!
To round out the day we had a brownie sundae (Daddy wouldn't let mommy try a fried Snickers bar, at least not while she was growing Tyler. She said she's going to have one at the LA Country Fair this fall instead.)
As if that wasn't enough for the day I got to play in my new splash mat at home - it sprays water and everything. I really liked drinking from the fountains and splashing around. But mommy said I'm not allowed to play in it anymore until I get some swim shoes - that sucker is slippery and not very cushion-y.
We spent lots of time in the pool this weekend in preparation for my swim lessons. Mommy will probably post something about that next. I gotta go - I have things to stack, rings to wear, and buttons to push!
Kayla
that splash mat looks super fun! Never seen one of those before. Hope swim lessons are going well!
ReplyDelete