Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fun times at Luna Club!

Since I've been home I've been able to take Kayla to Luna club - which is the same group of moms as Stroller Strides but Luna Club meets after the walking is over a couple times a week to do crafts or play games.  Since I can't walk yet (not officially) we just head to the park 2-3 times a week and have fun with other toddlers and moms.  This is what we've been up to!

We made our own ice cream!


"We" had to shake up the sugar and milk in a bag of ice first


Then "we" could enjoy it!



We threw around wet sponges (well, the other kids did, Kayla just sucked on them and then proceeded to move them from the cooler to the ground and then back to the cooler).






While Nana was here we kicked around some eggs made of ice so we could find the dinosaur hidden inside.




But despite the heat they weren't melting fast enough so Nana just threw it to break it open.

One day we even made a flag out of twizzlers, marshmallows, and fruit roll ups!  Yummm!
Kayla was actually really good and, with the exception of the bottom 2 rows, did it by herself (and by that I mean, she put the food items down where I told her to). 


You can see some of the "glue" (frosting) on her face.  :-)


Enjoying the fruits of her labor!




And just this week we got to meet a horse!  Yea, you read that right.  One of the mom's dad's owns a horse and he brought him up for us to pet and ride.  Of course, Kayla is a little young to ride the horse but she could practice.  :-)


We were able to pet him... until she got scared of him.  I can't really blame her - horses are big!
(as you can tell, it was kinda hard since I was wearing Tyler, but we got it.  Excuse the maternity jeans!  Nothing fits right yet!)

She even tried to feed him.
Now, we have done other things like played with a parachute, made s'mores, and a variety of other things but I don't always get pictures of them.  Sometimes we just play - and steal other little kids toys.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! I love to hear what you guys think of the post/activity!!!