Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Patch: Take 1

We finally made it to a pumpkin patch today after having been delayed almost a week because of the rain.  Of course, it was only Kayla, Tyler, and I but we'll go again with dad sometime this week.  Today was with Luna club and included a tour of the pumpkin patch.


some education about growing pumpkins (which takes like 100 days and 3 seeds)

a petting zoo (you can see how well that went over with Kayla)

a super exciting hay castle


and of course picking out our own pumpkin!

Unfortunately, and fortunately, I was wearing Tyler.  He slept the whole time so that was good, but wearing him makes it harder for me to interact with Kayla (or to chase after her).  I go out and do things with the two of them because I want her to experience these fun things but it's so much easier when dad comes along.  Sort of.  :-)  At least we can take turns with the two kids and I can interact more with her.  When it's just me I have to rely on my girlfriends - who are SUPER AWESOME and so helpful - but that gets old.  I'm just glad they are willing to help!  Kayla still had a lot of fun, save for the petting zoo, so I'm glad we went and I can't wait until we go with dad this week.  The one we're going to has a huge inflatable slide that I think Kayla will really like.  It's the same one we went to last year - doubt she'll remember that though.  :-)  Until then...
 

(the closest we got to a group picture!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! I love to hear what you guys think of the post/activity!!!