Rita had bought all kinds of things she thought Kayla would enjoy - giant coloring books, stickers, crayons, a tent, her very own table and chairs, etc.
There was a lot of playing and a lot of reading going on all week ... and Eric's 2nd favorite sport (if you can call it that!) bowling!
We squeezed in a trip to Santa at the local newspaper's office but Kayla wouldn't go near him. Tyler didn't know the difference. I don't have the picture yet but as soon as I do I'll add it to the web album and here. Kayla would talk about Santa but don't ask her to go near a stranger with a beard! Maybe next year.
Eric, Jack, and I were able to hang out with our friends the Wells' and meet their sweet little girl, Avery and hang out with their son Cason. Cason was so good with Kayla, trying to play catch with her. It was so cute to watch!
Anyway, as the ceremony ended I headed to the restaurant but it took over an hour and multiple car rides to get everyone in the same place at the same time so by the time we ate we were all starving and there are very few pictures. We ended up taking Jack's pics outside of the restaurant, which turned out nice but blame Eric and Kayla for the blown out pictures. :-) But aren't we a happy family - Jack finally graduated!
Oh man, I just realized I don't think we got any pictures of Jack by himself! Oops! Oh well, at least he knows he's surrounded by a loving, if forgetful, family!
I'm just glad the kids (and the parents) got to spend some time with Rita and Jack (Gabby and Uncle Jack). It doesn't happen often but Kayla loves her Gabby (so named because she can't say Gammy) and had a great time playing with her (and sleeping in the same bed as her - I think she got spoiled having someone to cuddle with.). And mom and dad loved all the food she was always making! That woman cooks up a storm! None of us can wait until we see them again! And we were so glad to help Jack celebrate such a great accomplishment! Congratulations, Jack! What's next???



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave comments! I love to hear what you guys think of the post/activity!!!