Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Caleb and Sanana!

**I know, I'm a little spastic with the blogging right now but this is was an "easy" post that I've been thinking about for a while.  I still have a lot of Kayla's turning 2 posts to write!**

So, over the last few months Kayla has become BFFs with a little girl, Savannah (well, with the help of myself and Savannah's mom Kim).  They are 1 week apart with Kayla being the older of the two. 
Kayla calls her Sanana (usually, Nana but recently I've been working on differentiating Nana, Banana, and Savanna instead of calling all of them Nana!) and Savannah calls her Caleb (because she has a cousin named Caleb so the names have kinda been fused). 

They are constantly playing at the park together



chasing each other up the stairs and down the slide,

stealing each others toys and snacks
and playing with each other through their strollers during Stroller Strides (no pics of that because, um, I'm working out if they are in their strollers!)  Its so much fun to watch them play and such a pain to watch them fight over toys!  But, that's what 2 year olds do. 

They even play together at Pump It Up - going down the slides and in the bounce houses together.
 

And, when the girls don't nap on the same days (which is more often than we'd like) we go hang out at Golden Spoon and get some frozen yogurt. 

At Kayla's birthday party at the park, after Kayla got her cupcake she made a beeline for Savannah's blanket so they could eat together.

Yesterday during Kayla's shots I told her we'd go get ice cream and french fries with Savannah to help "ease" her pain and they thoroughly enjoyed that ice cream!

And, today at the park, they had on the same Dora sweater!  How cute is that?!?!

I'm so glad Kayla has found someone to play with.  Her mom, Kim, is a great lady, helping me push Kayla in the swing or hold Tyler while I help the girls with something.  It's also great to have someone going through the same struggles (since our kids are exactly the same age) and the same joys.  I hope it all continues for a while - it's really a fantastic situation and I love seeing Kayla so happy playing every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! I love to hear what you guys think of the post/activity!!!