Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sweet 16

Hey, guess what, I'm 16 weeks old today! Don't tell mom though b/c she's sad that next week, when I turn 4 months old, she's going to move me into my own room. I think if she had it her way I'd be in there for a few more months but she knows it's about time. I am sloooowly getting better at sleeping through the night (8pm - 6am) but I still like to wake up in the 2 o'clock hour to make sure my lungs still work. :-) Mommy has started adding a leg massage with lotion to my bedtime routine and I sure do like that. She rubs my arms too which helps with my little dry spots that itch sometimes. I gotta learn though that nap time is not a bad thing. I still get pretty mad when I get tired. I pull my hair and scratch my face - not cool but I can't help myself. Mommy makes me sleep with a mitten on now so I don't hurt myself. I'm glad she's there to take care of me. :)

But, while I'm awake during the day, I'm having a lot of fun. Daycare is great! I get to watch all these other kids play around and I just know one day I'm going to be just like them. I like to sit in my bumbo chair and watch them - I'm the queen, ya know. The other day I sat in the table (yes, they have chairs in the table!) with the big kids... I wonder when I'm going to get to eat the same food they get to eat? Maybe soon. I'm getting good at sitting - well, while being supported anyway. I figured out I can turn my body to the side and now I like to do that and reach for whatever's over there.

The other day Daddy took away the big Tabasco bottle because he thought I'd knock it over (like I'm not strong enough to hold a big ole Tabasco bottle!). I was shocked! One minute it was there and the next it wasn't and Daddy didn't seem to mind that he took it away - said it wouldn't be the last time. Uh huh, we'll see how that goes when I can bat my eyelashes. :)

Last weekend Mommy tried to put me in a pool she bought. I don't know that I'm a fan yet. It was hot outside and the water was warm too so it wasn't as refreshing as she said it would be. Plus I fell over and got my face wet which I so wasn't expecting. And! She put me in there naked! I showed her - the next time she did that I peed in the pool! Ha!

I'm hoping we get to go somewhere fun this weekend... I haven't been anywhere cool in quite a while. Since mommy and daddy will be off for a few extra days I'm hoping they will find some way to entertain me. I'll let you know how it goes next week. I better get back to sleep - mommy doesn't know I'm awake.

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! I love to hear what you guys think of the post/activity!!!