Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

1st day at the beach... gonna need another try!

Well, I knew today was going to be a busy day but it turned out to be busier than I thought only because Ms. Kayla decided she didn't need to sleep much. Eric went for a bike ride with some friends down at the beach so I decided I'd meet up with him later in the afternoon with Kayla for her first day at the beach!

Well, in the morning a group of train friends and I went to the wake for another train friend who died because of the swine flu. It was really very sad - he has 2 kids around 8 and 10 years old so he was a very young man to have died so suddenly. So, since I saw him every day for the last year or two I felt I should go pay my respects. Kayla and I loaded up the car - well, she played, I loaded, and we headed west. After that I figured she'd want to get out of the car so I decided to meet up with a co-worker of mine who lives between the funeral home and the beach to have lunch. Now, I figured Kayla would sleep on the way to the Wake - wrong - she woke up about 10 minutes into the ride and didn't go back to sleep. Luckily she did sleep on the way to my friends house, but that was only 20 minutes... then she was up again for the couple hours I was with them - all excited and happy.

The last leg of our trip was to get from my co-workers to the beach and luckily she slept then as well but, again, it was only 20 minutes. So, from 7am until about 2:45 she had only slept a total of 1 hour! Anyway, just as I was getting out of the car Eric and his friends came riding up on their bikes and lo and behold Eric had crashed and burned big time on his bike because of some other rider. So we hung out there in the park for a little while while he cleaned himself off.

By the time we actually made it to the beach it was around 3:30. We stayed for approximately 30 minutes before she started crying really ready for sleep. So, our first trip out there was kind of a bust. But she did get to play in the sand a bit and we got to "relax" (as much as you can at the beach with rap music everywhere and 757s flying overhead!) for a few minutes before heading home.


My friend Katie is coming in town this weekend so we'll have our 2nd try very soon. Hopefully it'll work out a little better this time.

Kayla was so tired that she fell asleep with the toy in her mouth... too cute! She slept the entire hour long ride home but then was up again once we got there - though you could tell she was still tired.

But, it was one exciting day! She met 6 new people in one day and went to 5 new places! That would wear anyone out. I uploaded just a couple pics and a video from the beach (the only place we documented anything!). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! I love to hear what you guys think of the post/activity!!!